Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still Hurting... Big

The following is an email from a person I met thru Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Her words are not wasted. And I believe those who have been to Africa, no matter how many times, feel the same way. Don't you?

"I dont know when I'm going back.
That's what I think about every single day.
I left my heart in Africa.
I was looking at your blog... it made me tear up.
I miss the children so much.
I want to go back as soon as I can.
If someone told me I have a plane ticket for you tomorrow morning...I'd be on that flight.
It's where I belong.
Oh my gosh, I cant even describe how much I miss it.
I'm interested in hearing what you're doing & where exactly you are in Africa."
-Raelynn Chambers


This is one of my favorites. Me and Love investing in each other. I miss her.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I could have written those words... I think I have, in one way or another.

Arrived via Lynne Ball. You'll see me around.
Peace

Anonymous said...

Dad, You inspire me so much and how you talked about Love and how you said it with your words it made me want me to rush over there and hug her tight. Not only do you inspire people by your words but your actions to. you dont know how much you inspire me. You protect me when I am scared, You feed me when I am hungry, you hold me when I need it. You are very Humble. You are a AMA-ZA-ZA-ZING dad! I LOVE you! Have a great week!