Friday, February 27, 2009

My name is Larry and I am a Pole Vaulter..


I, obviously, am a fan of Facebook. When used with the right intent, this social network can be a great tool to reconnect with people, make new friends, share ideas, faith and resources. A users’ ‘status’ allows us to share, in a sentence or two, what we are doing or thinking at any given time.
I typically don’t have very interesting status updates and on this particular day, I shared that I had a dream about being a champion pole-vaulter. That was a strange dream. But a friend of mine, Amber Wheeler, had an answer to this dream… I asked her if I could share her thoughts with you and she agreed.

“Hi, Larry. I believe this to be from the Lord for you, but as I usually tell people, pray about it and see if it comes into alignment with what others are thinking. The Lord woke me this morning saying, “remember what Larry wrote on his status about pole vaulting?” “Tell him that he can fulfill his goals, but I need him to fulfill My goals. And My goals are higher and beyond his reach. He needs to set the bar higher so that he can only accomplish the goals with my help. I AM the Champion who will get him over that bar!”
Have a great day!”
Amber

Wow. Thank you, Amber! You hit the mark with your interpretation and I appreciate your courage to share. I think we all can take a dose of courage from her example to be bold and share with others!

1 comment:

Byron said...

Larry,

I ran track in college and I ran away from ministry when I graduated but God called me six years later and I "ran back". So I can definitely identify with Amber's comments. Blessings on your ministry.

Peace,
Byron