Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making Much of Him

Before I went to bed this morning, my goal today was to make much of Him. I was going to be very intentional with every move I made so all would know that He is King. That He is the Creator.

But just when I least expected Him to make much of me.. well, He did.

I have been in the job hunting market for several weeks now. Not really a comfortable place to be, considering everything that is going on in the global economy. But He never promised us worldly comfort, did He? Especially if we are actively in/seeking His will. We have recently experienced strong resistance from our own family regarding us following His lead.

I walked into the front door of a very well-respected Christian School this morning with the idea of planting a seed. I knew enrollment had to be down because of all the layoffs and such, especially in the white-collar sector. I have a Christ-Sister that is working in administration there – so, obviously, that helped with getting me face-to-face with the CEO. This gentleman has supported Matthew 25 Ministries in the past – both financially as well as in prayer. So I knew of him and likewise.

One hour into the interview, he offered me a newly-created position and I begin work in two days. And to think that my intent today was to make much of Him. We can’t out-do God! We can’t out-give God! We can’t out-love God! But we can praise and worship and give thanks, especially when He makes much of us.

So tonight we will celebrate with our entire family and with our dear, dear friends – members of our covenant family. We will celebrate our God and how he makes so much of us.

Will you join me in giving the Lord praise?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Larry thats awesome!! I'm extremely happy for this answered prayer as im sure you are. Praise God!