Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Intentional Plan

A friend of mine asked a group of us today if we thought Jesus knew He was going to call out to Lazarus before He arrived for the visit with Mary and Martha. It has been on my mind all day and it made me start thinking about how intentional the Lord is.

I have got to be more intentonal.

"Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29. Jesus planned His own sacrifice. He planted the tree that would be the cross. He created the iron-ore that would be used to make the nails. He gave life to Judas and created the means for Pilate to be sent to Jerusalem. He is omnipotent. Jesus didnt have to die for our sins. But He did. He chose to.

1 comment:

Matthias said...

Never thought about the fact that God intentionally grew the tree the cross would be made out of. Love that imagery! Great blog! I really believe that the more intentional we are towards loving people the more this world will know the love of God. My blog is matthiasbarker.blogspot.com I would love to have your input on some of the stuff I have been writing if you have a chance. Thanks!