Monday, June 2, 2008

God is so AWESOME!

Kriek brought me to the office tonight. She is such a wonderful reflection of Jesus! No pictures tonight - the internet is much too slow. However, I do have 'love notes' to share from the team. Those that wanted to gave them to me this morning at devotional. We had to keeo everything to a minimum because of the limited access we have.

  • Girls, Family and Friends - We are great! We are amazed! We love you! See you soon, Amy and Steve (Mommy and Daddy)
  • Brian, Boys, Parents, other family and friends - I am well and God is good! These people are beautiful! I will see you Monday night! I love you all and keep praying! Kristi
  • The people are beautiful, the land is beautiful, everything here is beautiful! This trip has been such a blessing. It can't get any better than this. Savannah
  • To my friends and family - It has been an amazing trip so far and I am well! I can't wait to tell ya'll everything. I love ya'll and please keep praying! Love, Caitlin
  • Jason, Skyelar and Melody - You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy... Love you and miss you - Mia
  • Family and Friends - I love you all so much. Africa and it's people are all so beautiful. This has been such an amazing experience. Please continue to pray. Love, Alexis
  • Madeline and Emma - Just wanted to let you know that we are safe and still busy doing God's work. We have met LuLu and she sends her love. We miss you and love you very, very much! PS - give Dolly a hug for us! Love, Mommy and Daddy (Allison and Mark)
  • Ms. Ruby (Momma) - We are doing well. We have been thinking of you alot and we miss you so much! Please know that we are very safe and happy. We cannot wait to see you! Love, Squeaky and Crystal
  • Del, Aaron, Rachel and Rebekah - I love you so much! I think of you often. I cannot begin to express my experience in words other than to say I pray one day you will know the joy and fulfillment of serving our God in such a tangible way. I have found Sami. Thank you for allowing me to be here, for your prayers and most of all your love! Esther 4:14. Love, Julie (Mom)
  • Ashley, Elizabeth, Caleb and Abby (family and friends!) - It is well. My heart aches but I know that is what will fuel the mission. I miss each of you terribly and know that I will continue to do my very best to represent each of you with absolute love and compassion. I love you all so much! Ash - thanks for being my rock. Kisses - Daddy

We have found, held, loved, kissed and looked into the eyes of each child at Thulwane. Yes, including each of the children that have sponsors. So we have pictures of each of these children that you help each month. Your support is doing some very tangible things here. We attended church with Pastor Walter yesterday. WOW! And then today - today, we held the little girl in the wheelchair very close. God is so good. Please visit www.hopechest.org and visit Tom Davis' blog to see video of both these people I mentioned above. Oh, and Paula D - we have video of Jubilee (sp?). She says she loves you - FOR REAL! She hasnt left Crystal's side (or lap)!!!

We must go for now - please keep the comments coming! The crew will absolutely melt when I get back to Madonsa with these notes from you!!! Please call and email all the people you can with a link to this blog - we never know how God will use us! Blessings and love....

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you. I have been thinking and praying for each of you daily. I know that you will continue to complete the mission that God has put before you. Take care, be safe and know that we all love you. (Kim Hamm)

Anonymous said...

hello son,great to hear from you kristi and alex.this is even an eye opening experience for me.now i know what gods plan was.he sent three beautiful big hearted people to do his work for him.and it so happened to be three of my babies.i am so proud that ya'll are there and doing well.just remember I LOVE YOU AND SO DOES GOD!i am looking foward to seeing you soon.tell old squeky "what's up dog". that will tickle him.this blog made me very happy.great hearing from all of you.tell the team i said to keep on keeping on.as the song says,one day at a time.i love and miss you'll.mom&maw-maw----LUV!

Anonymous said...

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-21 (New American Standard Bible)

You guys are storing up some BIG TIME treasure for His kingdom! We remain in prayer for you! I am missing Emma and Mad since they went to Mimmie's (think she'd give them back???), but know they continue to do great! Take good care and post when you can, we all love hearing from you!!!

Love to all! Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi My Friends!!!
I have read your blog and I am praying and thinking of you all each day. I know that you are seeing and experiencing AMAZING things. Keep it up! So proud of you guys!!!
Love you,
Christina Goeckel in GA.
:-)

John & Dawn Hooper said...

It was great to hear from you. Keep up the good work for God's Kingdom. You are still in our prayers.... Crystal, I gave Ms. Ruby a BIG hug yesterday! I also promised to print all of the postings and comments to take to her on Sunday. She has lots of showers of love being bestowed on her while you are away! God bless you!

John, Dawn, Hope, and Preston Hooper

Anonymous said...

Julie - we're so very proud of you and can't wait to hear about all your experiences in fulfilling God's work! You, your entire team, and all of the Swazi people are prayed for constantly. We look forward to reading the blog messages. All our love, Kelly, Mike & Melissa (Acts 1:8)

Anonymous said...

I called Ms. Ruby and read the new post to her. She was so excited to hear from ya'll. She said that she hoped that the trip continued to be as wonderful as it had already. We are so happy to hear from you. Everyone at small group last night was interested in knowing about the details of what was going on. We are praying constantly. I use your prayer bracelets as a means of telling others about you and the amazing things that God is doing in Swaziland. Love you!!!
Amy I invited your mom and stepdad to small group last night, they almost came!!
love you much!!
Steph

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Ms. Kristi :) WE LOVE YOU! We are praying for you and we are thinking of you! Been praying for strength for you and your team and that you will focus on HIM and not on anything that has to do with you apart from HIM :) Wild ride aye sister? Does it feel like you have been there for years already, and yet only a few days have passed? & HOW FULL THOSE DAYS ARE!!! Filled with lovely people, and challenges and new adventures! Hold on to your hat sister you will never really come home again because you are NOT THE SAME PERSON YOU WERE WHEN YOU GOT ON THAT PLANE :) YOU ARE DIFFERENT FOREVER :) We can't wait to see the NEW YOU! :) Love the Smith Tribe :)

Anonymous said...

To Julie:
I have your sweet Rachel here with me and will show her the post! What a neat way to keep up with you and the rest of the missionaries. Know that we are all praying for you here as you do God's work there.

Anonymous said...

Our God is an AWESOME God! I am blessed just reading the glimpses of your work. Continue to be diligent as you work for the Kingdom! Andrea Burk

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules, we are so glag to finally hear from you. The kids are doing great and miss you very very. You and everyone on the team are always in out thoughts and prayers, keep up the great work that has sent each of you to do. Just so you know your cell phone has many missed calls and your voice reminds me of how much I LOVE YOU each time I hear it.
Love
Del, Aaron, Rachel, and Rebekah

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well! I think about each of you everyday. I pray that God continues to work through each of you. I love and miss you all!

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to read this blog. It moved me so much to hear how GOD is revealing himself not only through you, but to you. Your love, compassion, and most importantly, your ACTION to go, is truly living the faith that bleeds Jesus. We miss you terribly but have been given such a peace and sense of calm while you are away. At small group Sunday night, we talked a lot about you and what this trip means to all of us, and we lifted all of you in prayer. I am so thankful that you have people over there like Jumbo, Kriek, Pastor Walter and many others who have been such a support for you while you are there. I saw the little girl in the wheelchair and she was so beautiful. I cannot wait to hear all about her and the other precious ones you have loved and nurtured. Larry and Alexis, I never have been more proud to be your wife and mom and I love you so very much. Like Mamaw S. used to us day daily, "The Lord has been good to me. I am so blessed."
Take care of each other and we can't wait to give you hugs and kisses!

Love,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi, I have been praying for you. I wear the bracelet as a reminder. I can't wait to hear everything about your adventure. I know you will be changed by this experience in doing God's will. I am proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone. May the Lord bless you and your family for doing this. I love you! Suzie

Anonymous said...

Amy and Steve,

Glad to hear that all is going well for you guys. We are doing great. No Tears. The girls carry their stuffed animals that you left them a lot. Don't worry about anything here. We are having fun and swimming a lot, and eating more than we should. We all pray for you morning and night.

Love, Mom and Bill and the Girls

Anonymous said...

God Bless You All! It is so nice to hear about the awesome experience this trip is for each one of you. It is also a great experience for those of us who are here at home praying and thinking of you each day. I can not wait to hear about the trip, I am very excited to hear about how Tuesday went with the planned activities of washing each child's feet and giving them shoes and socks, something we all take for granted daily. Be safe as you continue to spread God's love to everyone there. Please know you are touching many lives here, there and along the way. How truly awesome and powerful. Take care, as you finish this leg of the journey God has placed in your hearts.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said , "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Take care- Larry, Alexis and the team.

Love to all...Karen

Anonymous said...

Larry Vann or should I say daddy.:)
I have Miss you so much and you have such strongg words to say I dont want to leave you when I grow up and be a women but don't worry that would be years from now.I am just so proud of you! I am just so glad what you are doing! Sharing God's love with people who dont even know him I am just so proud! Well, I got to go I'll see when you get off that plane! Love you! Bye!
-Abby

Anonymous said...

Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers so much since you left. I love reading the blog and look forward to updates. Thank you for going. Thank you for your work. Thank you for doing what you are called to do.
Love, Brandi Waldrep

Anonymous said...

Dear,Mommy it's Rachel your little princess .I miss you and want you to know I'm praying for you every night and every bodies Mom said that they have been praying for you too I can't wait till you get back. Love,Your Princess Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey team!! It's so great to read the updates and pray over you daily! I was thrilled to learn that Jubilee has attached herself to Crystal (even though it made me cry). Crystal - this makes me think of Max in Russia :) I know you guys are having some tough days physically and mentally . . . stay strong and know we are lifting you up!!

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

You have carried the light of life into Swaziland for this time. We can't wait to read and hear the rest of the story!

Love to you all! Paula D

P.S. Hudson says hello and prays for all of you every night!