Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We made it home!

After many delays in Detroit, we made it home late last night! Thanks to all who met us at Westwood Baptist parkng lot at 11:45 p.m. last night. Dozens of friends and family greeted us with open hearts - what a feeling! I can imagine the feeling that parents felt as their 'babies' got home after two weeks of virtually no communication. That feeling is trumped only by God's love and longing for us when we stray from him - or when we 'leave home', as we tend to do.

I have personally spoken to many of the team memers today and all seem to be tired, but well. I encourage you to give the team members as much space or time as they need to try to sort through some of this. We saw and experienced alot while on this campaign and we all will deal with it in different ways. Please continue to pray for us as we search for answers to some of the things we witnessed and lived.

I will update photo's on shutterfly as I get my plane legs back under me. I will also have cd's of a cllection of the photos for all team members. God bless you all and thank you for partenring with us on this campaign!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry, God is great. Marie and I Prayed for you daily. we are absolutely excited to hear about the trip when you guys are ready to discuss it. I can't imagine what emotions you have to be going through right now. Marie and I are praying for a smooth transition for you guys back to home. God bleass and please don't hesitate to call me if you need to just vent or if i can help in any way.

Anonymous said...

larry, I forgot to sign the last blog.


Terry and Marie

Anonymous said...

Larry,
Just wanted to thank you for keeping us up-to-date. It was a great comfort to know Natalie and the group was doing well. We and our church prayed for the group continually. It's encouraging to see so many with a heart to serve those who could never repay. God bless you and the team.
Kathie and Jerry

Anonymous said...

Do you have the picture of me that you told my mom about?
-Savannah