Friday, June 12, 2009

In a flash...

In a flurry this morning, several of our team members updated their status on facebook.. They were in and out in a matter of minutes! While we would love to hear more from them, I am sure you will agree that we would rather have them in the field than in the office! I will summarize what was posted this morning.

In a brief email from Crystal Baltimore:

"Hey! Things here are GREAT!! You would not believe how big the kids are and how much they have changed! Love is walking and talking and gving everyone kisses... Tomorrow is BIG FUN day and we are having jump castle, cupcakes, hot dogs and who knows what else!

Our lodging has been great and we all have been getting settled in. We did medical clinic today and there were soooooo many new little one's. Everyone is doing good. Ashley made it through the flight, no problems... well, LOTS of questions but no major issues.

As for prayer needs, please continue to pray for the relationship with the older kids to be more open and easier..pray for the relationship with the Go-Go's and for safe travel and good health for the team. Kriek and Jumbo are great!!!"

Updates to facebook:

"Stephanie Sharpe Sirmons is in Swaziland having a tremendous time. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to be here, loving on these precious babies. Please tell Madalyn and MaryDee we love them and we hope to talk to them soon. I can't wait to tell ya'll how amazing this country is, and how much we love these children aready. It is absolutely unbelievable. Love ya'll!"

"Allison Sides Clyburn is in Swaziland having an AMAZING time! It can't get much better than this! Please tell Madeline and Emma that Mom and Dad miss them very much! We love you, but we are still doing God's work in Swaziland! Lulu, Sipho, and Gilligan are doing fantastic and all say 'Hello!' We hope we can talk to you soon! Love, Mom and Dad!"

"Steven Thomas Stone is at the AIM office in Swaziland!!!!! Love you guys! Keep praying."

"Ashley Shirley Vann is in Swaziland and loving it! We had an awesome experience today at the carepoint providing a medical clinic. Bud, it's everything you said it would be! You won't believe the transformation with Love! I have some very good video for you!!! I love everyone and keep praying!!"

"Amy McAdams - Hey everyone! We are here and safe. Having a wonderful time. Please tell my family we are missing them! We love you all....Pray for us!!!!"

The common denominator? Child-like faith and a vision of hope!

So there you have it. You know what I know. Blessings -

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom and Liz,

I am glad to know that you are having a good time and growing closer to God. Can't wait to see the video's. I love and miss ya'll. Next time you send a message, be sure to tell me how Liz is doing.

Me and Dad are having a great time at Shocco. Today was our first day and we are getting settled in. I am looking forward to tomorrow because we are having recreation and free time which allows me to play mini golf, paintball, basketball and go on the lake. We are also having recreation which is kind of like a battle between four different teams. I am on the Red Rumble team.

I will give you an update of how everything goes the next time I send you a message.

I love and miss you and Liz very much. I will talk to you soon.

Caleb

Anonymous said...

Hey, whats up, everybody? Hope you are having a great time. I am praying for you and I love you all.

Cameron Kemp

larry vann said...

Hello, TEAM!

We are so proud for you! I love to hear how much fun you guys are having while at the same time realizing how broken you are. I know your hearts are hurting - and in that place is where we are used on the deepest levels. I love you all so much!

Do something for me - do not bring one ounce of emotion or energy back to the debrief each evening. Invest all you have at Thulwane! Leave it all there!

Camp at Shocco is going really well. I thinkl I might have walked a total of 114 miles today... uphill. Even the hair on my head is tired! But the same God that is there with you all is here with us. He is so immense! We have prayed for each of you several times today. Know that we are thinking of you! Please give my love to everyone you contact! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hey yall!
Love you soooo much and I seriously can't believe you were able to get on facebook haha!!!! Love on the babies for me!!!! I'm praying for yall daily!!!!
Love
Natlets

Anonymous said...

Liz, Savannah, and Steven
Hey! I hope yall are having an awesome time.

Liz, Today I saw the Taco Bell commerical you were talking about with the Pina Colada song. It was accually pretty funny. Today we stopped at this flea market and Mordan got this old camera that you would LOVE!

Savannh! So Kim isnt going to be at practice Sunday so I guess its going to be another useless jam secion for the boys. I have had a lot of people ask me about your prayer braclet that Im wearing; I am so proud to tell them that I am reminded to pray for my 3 awesome friends living on mission for God in Africa.
Hey Steven!!

Keep up the good work! I love you!
Courtney