Thursday, June 11, 2009

No word today...

No official word today - which means everything is going well! It is difficult for us to have patience or understand why we cannot get word from our team - things are different in Swaziland - especially from a technological perspective. Internet is an absolute luxury. So here we are. Waiting to hear and to share in the daily victories the team will experience. While waiting, we can continue to pray. And pray. And pray some more. Let's honor our team by lifiting them to our Father.



1 John 5: 15-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.



The key is for us to seek His will. And if we ask for His will to be done and for us to clearly see His will, then our prayers will be answered. It's all about alignment!



Father, I come to You with a soft heart tonight. We miss the members of this team so much. While it would have been really good to hear form them, I know that You have annointed each of them and they are in Your will. Please continue to bless them and those they encounter. I know Your light is shining through them. Thank You for that. Thank You for using them to teach us. Thank You for giving us the opportunity to lift each one of them up to You. Thank You for giving us patience and a sense of calm while we eagerly wait to hear from them. Whatever Your will is for this team, I gladly ask You to reveal it to us. It is not about us. It's about You. We want to glorify You in all we do and all we say. Please use the team of people who are here supporting and praying for the team. Use us to glorify You with our words and actions when we tell other people about this campaign. I ask for these and all other blessings in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

larry vann said...

Hello, Ashley and Liz! Missed hearing from ya'll today - but I can imagine how awesome it was to get to see the people of Thulwane!

Caleb and I ran alot of errands today. He told me three different times that we needed "Momma" here with us. I could not agree more! The first time was when we went to pay the power bill because I couldnt figure out how to do it online. He asked me why I couldnt figure it out. When I told him, he said, "See, another reason we need Momma at home!" THe second time was when we went to the grocery store. I left a bag of goods at the store and didnt realize it until we got home. I got, "Momma would not have done that," from him. The last time was when we went to get him a pack of boxers. I got him the wrong size. He said, "Momma knows all of my sizes. We need her here." I agree with all of that! We miss you, Ashley and Liz! Josh Pike came by this evening. He said to tell Liz hey!

We are praying for ya'll as you do the clinics and bible lessons. Leave it all on the field! Give it all you've got!

We love and miss ya'll!! Please hug everyone for me!

LV

Kristi said...

Ashley Vann,
What an honor that a part of the Vanns are in such a beautiful place doing such beautiful things. Please kiss the bombay(sp?) baby for me. are they still coming to the carepoint? I love you and I am lifting you up daily. Wasn't the plane trip worth it? I sat next to your husband last time....squishing him like no tomorrow...lmbo....and he even said at one point, "i just think I am gonna die"...lmbo rofl!! he made it, though and fell in LOVE like never before....just as you have already. please kiss Love for me.
Lizzy, you are such a model of patience. Before you knew how to tie your shoes, you knew you were to be....EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE....FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!!!!I love you sweet sister....take it all in. I cant wait to hear your testimonies!! Love you! Aunt Kristi
The rest of the team, Praying for you as well. So proud of your committment to go again. Love you in Christ and can't wait to hear the new stories!!!