Saturday, June 13, 2009

Word up!

Got a brief word from the team today! Of course, everything is going well! Since our partnership with AIM and Children's HopeChest began at Thulwane in February, 2007, we have seen an incredible transformation with the people of that community. God has worked through Kriek and Jumbo Gerber, the "D" Team, the Go-Go's and even the older children. We are so priveleged to be a representative of our Savior! He has wrecked our hearts for the good and that is what calls us to action. Thank you, Jesus!

Please allow me to share a bit of scripture that reminds me of the mission of not only our team from the States, but our team in Swaziland:
Matthew 5: 13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness,how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."

14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


Our prayer is that anything we do or say reflect the immense love of God.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! I hope you are having a great ime! Can't wait till ya'll get home!

Steven, I miss you so much!! I am going to miss you when you get home! I have been praying for all of ya'll!!

-Laura :-)

Anonymous said...

Liz and Ashley!!!! Today you will experience worship like no other! Savor every moment. Capture the closeness you feel with God. He will never go anywhere - He IS!

I love both of you and am so excited to be a part of your ministry! Miss you both so much!!!!

LV

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of all of you!!! Today is going to be amazing!!! Open your heart to all God has in store for you!!! It will be worth it! Take notes in church, I want to hear all about it!!! Cassie, I miss you so much, but you are so brave and I can't wait to hear the amazing things the Lord is doing in your life throught the amazing people of Swaziland!!!
Love
Natty :)

Toddd Stone said...

Steven, I am praying for you now. May God continue to reveal himself to you and through you. We Love you and miss.
Are you following Mark like I told you? I know you are doing fine.

Love you.
Dad.

Anonymous said...

Larry, that's great that you heard from them, thanks for posting.
I LOVE the pictures, especially the little baby with the smile and tears. Jumbo & Kriek are awesome, the team must be having an amazing time.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hello, Team!!!! Each of you has been on my mind today. I want to thank every one of you for being selfless and for being open to losing 'self' during these two weeks. While we are all filthy when compared to the perfection of Christ, I believe He is pleased when you give of yourself to others and the Kingdom.

Mark 8: 35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

Blessings to you guys as you teach the little one's and paint the girl's house!

Carry the torch!

LV

Anonymous said...

Liz! hey! I miss you like CRAZY!!! I know you are doing an AWESOME job leading the worship. :) So I was at Wal-Mart today in the outdoor/plant section and guess what I caught myself looking at??? Yep, the flowers. I kindof laughed when I noticed what I was looking at. Have you and Savannah worn the skirts I got yall yet??

Savannah! I know you are having an awesome time. At practice today Carson asked if you were singing and I said, "Shes in Africa" Carson was like "yeah that is a definate no." Were singing "I Rejoice" and I was trying to hit that high note and I was like "AH!! I NEED SAVANNAH!" I miss you bud! Keep your focus on God for your strength. Isaiah 40:31

Im praying for you and love you.
Court